[Freeswitch-users] dynamic conference

Carole O. carole.olivier at enst.fr
Wed Dec 17 05:34:08 PST 2008

Hello,

I have done a small change in my dialplan which works but since I am new
with FreeSWITCH I was wondering if this solution goes with the philosophy of
the software or if it is absurd and there is a solution more adapted .

I try to reproduce the following functionality:
"A and B are on a simple call and decide to add C and have a conference.
Later on they decide also to invite D..."

In the dialplan I have added (based on the default dialplan):
<extension name="Local_Extension">
     <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(10[01][0-9])$">
          <anti-action application="bind_meta_app" data="1 a o transfer::
transf_call_${caller_id_number}"/>
          <anti-action application="bind_meta_app" data="2 a s
transfer::-both transf_call_${caller_id_number}"/>
      </condition>
</extension>

<extension name="transf_call_to_conf">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^transf_call_(.*)$">
         <action application="answer"/>
         <action application="conference" data="conf$1 at conf_dynamic"/>
       </condition>
</extension>

Here, if A calls B then A can bridge both legs into a conference named
"confnumberofA" by dialing *2.
Then, A can put this call on hold and call C.
- If C answers and agrees then A can press *1 in order to bridge C into the
same conference "confnumberofA". A will come back into the conference which
is still on hold.
- If C does not answer then A will still be able to come back into the
conference it puts on hold.

My main problem is the name of the conference. Since everybody should be
able to convert a simple call into a conference, the conference's name has
to be unique each time. I have chosen to make it dependent on the caller
number which is not perfect because then he is the only one which can bridge
the call and add member. However, I do not have any other idea, maybe I have
missed another possibility.

I would be glad to get any critics you have, it would help me to better
understand the fundamental concepts.

Thanks,
Carole