[Freeswitch-users] Pennytel Gateway Registration problem

Scott Ellis scott.ellis at novatex.com.au
Tue Dec 16 03:03:43 PST 2008

I have a standard install, and I am trying to get a Pennytel gateway to
register.

After looking at Wireshark traces of x-lite registering and FreeSwitch
registering, FreeSwitch is not sending any authentication information
with the registration request. I am obviously missing something here!

I understand for incoming calls you don't want authentication, but for
outgoing it is obviously required.

Is there a flag somewhere that I am supposed to set? The file was taken
from the wiki page, and looks like it was previously tested when using
the obsolete outbound directory structure.

The following file is in the conf/sip_profiles/external directory.

<include>
  <gateway name="PennyTel">
    <param name="username" value="888917xxxx"/>
    <param name="password" value="xxxxxxx"/>
    <param name="realm" value="sip.pennytel.com"/>
    <param name="proxy" value="sip.pennytel.com"/>
    <param name="register" value="true"/>
    <param name="expire-seconds" value="60"/>
  </gateway>
</include>

Thanks.

Scott