[Freeswitch-users] Where FreeSWITCH writes some files

Raymond Chandler intralanman at freeswitch.org
Mon Dec 15 10:16:32 PST 2008

> I think you misunderstand.
>
> It's these files:
>    freeswitch.history
>    freeswitch.pid
>    freeswitch.xml.fsxml
>
> That I feel would be better off in the db folder.  They are not logs, and should not be rotated.

if freeswitch.history isn't a log, what is it? seems to me taht it's a
log of what commands you've run recently... it's definitely NOT a
database.... neither is the pid file. while the pid file isn't a db,
it's also not really a log... but i don't know that i'd agree with
making a "run" directory just to house the pid.

-Ray