[Freeswitch-users] how to handle returned sip 302 dialplan

Shelby Ramsey sicfslist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:40:13 PST 2008

Chav,
We recently / are still going through the same process (in order to route on
LRN) vs NPANXX or LATA based routing.  Here was the best way that we came up
with to do it:
  -- we use xml_curl exclusively for routing decisions
  -- so in the cgi script that xml_curl hits one of the things it can (and
does based on certain parameters) is fire off a url to another LNP server
that we built
  -- the LNP server actually does the dip (either from a cache) and returns
the info

We felt this was much better for a few reasons:
  -- caching the LNP data for a 24 hour period would save us in excess of
$100k a year
  -- having a specialized mechanism to do this was much easier to implement
for the cgi process than supporting 302 redirects directly on the FS boxes
was much easier (which just wasn't possible with the cgi mechanism)
  -- every LNP provider returns 302's slightly different ... so we didn't
want to have to reinvent the wheel on the FS machines if we ever wanted to
add redundancy or switch providers

Guess it all depends on your config ... but this was the easiest and most
cost-effective means for us to implement.