[Freeswitch-users] how to handle returned sip 302 dialplan

Chav Paskov chavpaskov at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 13 16:38:41 PST 2008

Brian West wrote:
> Chav,
> Once the 302 is received by FreeSWITCH it will follow it to the
> contact listed in the 302.  What else are you needing to do?
>
> /b
>
> On Dec 13, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Chav Paskov wrote:

>> my question is:
>>
>> Is it possible to send the call to z.z.z.z , receive the SIP 302 ,
>> process the data in Contact field  and redirect to the new destination
>> contained in *Contact: <sip:2145551234 at 64.112.188.84>;npdi^M
>> *without closing the session.
>> i red something about   <action application="set"
>> data="continue_on_fail=true"/>  but i'm not sure  how to use it.
>>
>> Any ideas on this matter  will be highly appreciated.
>> Best Regards
>> Chav

Thanks Brian,

probably i should have explained it in more details.
this whole thing started as an attempt to  implement lata ocn /local
number portability/ instead of  pure per destination routing.
At the moment i have a access to  a service provider  who does
"dipping"  and returns  the  LATA OCN  data associated with  any dialed
destination number. it is returned as Contact:  and Content-length:
fields in 302 message.

in other words:

1. i'm sending to this provider let say - 2025556666  as a destination
number.
2. they do the dipping  and will return to me  either the new dest #  if
2025556666 has been ported or if it was not
in content-length field they'll send  lata, ocn  and state and 10 digits
number.
3. once received i have to  compare the received lata , ocn and state
date with  a compiled  rate deck / blended from 5 different vendors/
and pick the lowest rate - effectively building  LCR based on LATA OCN
STATE info.

Hope this will help to clear the picture.
Regards
Chav