[Freeswitch-users] segmentation fault by auto record

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 10 07:53:09 PST 2008

Thanks for reporting this. It would be helpful to know a bit more. Can
you start freeswitch and press F12 (or type "version" at the CLI) and
report back what it says?
Also, a backtrace (bt) is generally useful. If you could produce a
"bt" and a "bt full" from you core file that would be extremely
helpful.

see this link for more information:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Debugging_Freeswitch

you should have a "core" file for each segfault that occurred. Use the
gdb program to get the back trace:

gdb /path/to/fs/binary core.xxx

then capture the output from these two commands:

bt <enter>
bt full <enter>

When you type those commands you'll see tons of debugging info;
capture that and put it in a pastebin (pastebin.freeswitch.org) then
report back here.

You can exit the gdb debugger by typing q <enter>

Thanks for helping us collect information!

-MC