[Freeswitch-users] Two major flaws: Could they be fixed?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 01:28:08 PST 2008

hi,

we are fighting with two flaws in fs and would be happy, if they could
be fixed. we are using socket outbound.

1.) hangup a call in ringing state:
this worked in one of the last fs versions, but suddenly does not work anymore.

let's say, we have an inbound call and do 3 originates to different
targets. all 3 targets are in ringing state. the target, which answers
first, will be bridged with the inbound call, the other two (still
ringing) targets should be hung up.

we do not want fs to hang up the other two originates automatically.
we want to hang up the other two originates by sending the hangups. we
set "hangup_after_bridge=false" and "park_after_bridge=true".
we do sendmsg hangup uuid. but the originates are first hung up, when
they are answered. when they are in ringing state, the hangup will do
nothing (anymore).

as i said, it worked before, so i assume, that something has changed
in the latest trunks.

2.) sendmsg uuid *whatever* can cause to excute the command on the wrong uuid:

let's say, we have an inbound call and an outbound call - at least we
thing we have it ;-).
now we do for example sendmsg outbound_uuid hangup to hangup the
outbound call. but, if the uuid of the outbound call does not exist
(because there was a problem or something), the inbound will be hung
up instead.
the same happens with all sent messages to an uuid, which does not
exist. if we want to do a playback for the same outbound, the inbound
will hear it, if the outbound_uuid does not exist.

perhaps this is a feature, but i think that it would be nicer and more
reliable, if the sendmsg is only executed on the given uuid. if the
given uuid does not exist, nothing should happen or even nicer, an
event with an error should be sent to the socket.

thanks
dennis