[Freeswitch-users] Fax and Freeswitch: What is the status, what works?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:40:45 PST 2008

hi,

because we do not get tired of testing and playing a lot with the
beloved fs, we now arrived at the fax feature :-)

i am not sure if the docs are up to date or if there was a lot of
development in the meantime. therefore i would like to ask, what is
possible and what will come in the near future.

we are using fs, socket outbound and php and would like to make
something like fax to mail as an additional service.

is t38 supported?
can i pass incoming faxes over the same socket as calls?
can i convert faxes into pdf?
is fax over sip reliable (as far as i have heard, under asterisk fax
is nothing one should use)?
and so on, and so on....

i would be very happy to hear some user experiences with fs and fax.
if it seems, that we can use fax with over socket outbound, we will do
hardcore testing ;-)

thanks,
dennis