[Freeswitch-users] Listen to a file, while recording?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 05:48:15 PST 2008

we configured mod_shout and are able to record mp3. but if we start to
playback the file, it will only be played back to that point, which
was recorded, when we started the player.
we do this with "api uuid_record uuid start /var/www/test.mp3".

we are also able to playback a (radio-)stream to an uuid with
shout://ip-adress:12345

but what do we have to do, to listen to the file/stream with a player?

it seems, that fs has to stream to recording file to a streaming
server (like icecast), right? but if we do "api uuid_record uuid start
shout://user:passwd@ip-adress:12345/" (and other combinations), we get
an error:
2008-12-02 14:28:38 [ERR] mod_shout.c:730 shout_file_open() Invalid URL: xxxxx
2008-12-02 14:28:38 [ERR] switch_ivr_async.c:851
switch_ivr_record_session() Error opening shout://xxxx

are we on the right track? is there something else we have to do to
make it work?

thanks for your help.