[Freeswitch-users] Inbound 1-way audio issue using GSM codec

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:02:08 PST 2008

probably pstn side has acknowledged our gsm then sent ulaw anyway and we
think its gsm.
most likely there are multiple codecs in the accept packet from the gateway
and they expect us to figure out what codec to use based on the first packet
we get from them rather than just accepting one codec in the sdp like 90% of
devices so we have a proper chance to setup optimal packetization.  This is
one of those lame parts of the RFC that describe complete unscalable
stupidity that some stuff likes to tout for who knows why.

one thing you can try is to set the variable aboslute_codec_string in the
dial to force
only gsm to be advertised at all making it impossible for the remote end to
respond with multiple codecs.

<action application="bridge"
data="{absolute_codec_string=GSM}sofia/<profile>/<uri>"/>

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm