[Freeswitch-users] No sound

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Aug 25 13:28:35 PDT 2008

You can secure a box on a public IP very easily.  The reason nat is
hell is SIP.  His scenario would be simpler without NAT involved.

I have personally been pushing ipv6 which if you have that setup
internal-ipv6 profile comes up and just works along side the ipv4
profile.

The bottom line is if you want a secure machine.. unplug it.. pack it
up into a box and put it in the closet.

/b

On Aug 25, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Ken Livingston wrote:

> Sitting a machine on a public IP is just asking for trouble since
> there are people out there who look for boxes which they can try to
> hack into.  Securing the box just makes them want to try harder.
> Also, not everyone has a static public IP which they can use in this
> way.

Brian West
sip:brian at freeswitch.org