[Freeswitch-users] help getting FXO inbound to bridge to fxs

Ian Henderson ianhe at email.com
Thu Aug 21 06:16:42 PDT 2008

I successfully resolved the issue I was having with inbound FXO calls not bridging to SIP phones.

To recap: The SIP phone was rejecting the SIP request based on the presence of double double-quotes in the caller_id_name field, causing a 400 response.  Having figured out the problem (and fix) in Asterisk, I was able to apply the same fix for FS.  The trick was to strip out the wrapping double-quotes and set the effective_caller_id_name to just the data within the quotes.  Here's my resulting dialplan snippet:

   <!-- got an inbound FXO call -->
    <extension name="InboundFXO">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^inboundFXO(.*)$"/>
        <!-- outside line, local Melbourne number -->
        <condition field="caller_id_name"><expression><![CDATA[^\"*(.*)\"$]]></expression>
          <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_name=$1"/>
          <anti-action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_name=Unknown"/>
        <action application="transfer" data="1003 XML default"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

Any coaching on improvements to the above are happily accepted,
Ian.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses