[Freeswitch-users] Ending recordFile with a touchtone in Python

Marc Orenberg marc at kasteris.com
Wed Aug 20 10:53:17 PDT 2008

Hello. In the modLua documentation (pasted below),  it suggests in the comment that recordings using recordFile may be ended by pressing the # key. For Python, the documentation for the API points to modLua, but the touch-tone barge-in doesn't seem to be working for me. And I can't figure out a simple way to accomplish this. Any advice?
session:recordFile
syntax is session:recordFile(file_name, max_len, silence_threshold, silence_secs)
Example:
session:recordFile("/tmp/blah.wav", 30000, 10, 10);  -- pressing # ends the recording
session:streamFile("/tmp/blah.wav");