[Freeswitch-users] Documentation suggestion

Felix Rabinovich Felix at Rabinovich.org
Sat Aug 16 15:28:59 PDT 2008

I signed up to this list when the discussion was already ongoing, so I
can't reply-to the existing messages. But this is in response to Michael
Collins' comments about documentation plans.

I am very technical (developer / system administrator), but I am fairly
new to telephony, and I am trying to set up a PBX at home, and then set
up similar PBX at my wife's small business. What I am missing most, is
"use case" documentation beyond Installation and getting started.

Installation and Getting started are quite good. There are some updates
that contradict previous information, but I got the system up and
running in a few hours. Two inbound providers, two outbound.

Now I have some other use cases that I want to implement. For example,

* how to set-up IVR
* how to check voicemails with passcode or the system recognizes
caller-id and doesn't require passcode
* for certain incoming caller-ids ("important client") forward the call
to predefined number ("cell phone")
* how to load custom music-on-hold

Obviously, this is just an example. I am sure other people have
different use cases. I don't have PSTN line at home and only one
ATA/extension that is connected to the server. I tried softphone / 2nd
extension just to make sure that everything works, but it is not a
priority for me. For others, transferring a call from one extension to
another might be the most important thing. In my wife's office there
will be a fax line (probably PSTN that will serve as fallback /
emergency line)

I know that all these scenarios are very trivial to set up. But I can't
find any guides that would show me how to do this.

Thanks
Felix