[Freeswitch-users] Installation: good, but some issues

David Baggett freeswitch at baggett.org
Wed Aug 13 10:37:23 PDT 2008

In case it may benefit other Astribank users:

One thing I had to do was "manually" download the firmware to the device
on bootup. I've seen the devices get confused and lose their firmware,
so I'm keeping an eye on that. In any case, I made a simple RedHat
service wrapper that takes care of firmware reseting and uploading using
the xpp_fxloader script that's part of the zaptel source.

See below for the text of the script. It should go in
/etc/init.d/astribank. You'll need to

% chkconfig --add astribank

as well. If you run it manually after bootup, you'll need to

% service stop zaptel

before doing so, and

% service restart zaptel

afterwards.

Dave

#!/bin/sh
#
# astribank     This shell script takes care of loading firmware to \
#               the Astribank USB Telephony interfaces
# chkconfig: 2345 8 93
# config: /etc/sysconfig/astribank

initdir=/etc/init.d

RETVAL=0

case "$1" in
   start)
	# Load firmware to Astribank devices
         echo -n "Loading Astribank firmware: "
	/usr/share/zaptel/xpp_fxloader load
	RETVAL=$?
         exit $RETVAL
	;;
   stop)
	# Unload Astribank hardware
	echo -n "Resetting Astribank firmware: "
	/usr/share/zaptel/xpp_fxloader reset
	RETVAL=$?
	exit $RETVAL
	;;
   restart)
	$0 stop
	$0 start
	;;
   *)
	echo "Usage: astribank {start|stop|restart}"
	exit 1
esac

exit $RETVAL