[Freeswitch-users] Video conferencing in freeswitch

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 19:01:07 PDT 2008

If you know how to write packetizer code it would be a welcome addition to
the codebase.
Right now mod_conference send the video of whomever it believes has the
floor to everyone else.
(ie who is talking the most in the last few sec)

We welcome your input and code contributions toward more video support.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Eyebeam works well on mod_conference as does the grandstream video phones.
> /b
>

> On Aug 7, 2008, at 10:33 PM, David A. Horner wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> So I've been thinking about how to get video conferencing going with
> freeswitch.
> When I first started, I was thinking about developing a video capture
> module for freeswitch....though then I'd have to write custom RTP
> packetizer/depacketizer...
>
> VLC already provides network RTP streams of video data....like
> webcams.  I hear that the freeswitch conference currently supports
> video sip clients now, however, I don't yet own one to test with.
>
> Could someone leverage the current features in freeswitch to use a VLC
> network RTP stream?
>
> I guess the thing that is missing is something to broadcast the video
> stream urls to each of the conference participants and start the vlc
> streaming/viewing automatically.
>
> Anyways, just thoughts....
>
> --Dave
> http://dave.thehorners.com/