[Freeswitch-users] dialplan of multi profile

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 8 17:37:41 PDT 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 7:22 PM, Lee JJ wrote:

> Dear All Guru :
>
> 1.
> I am curious what's the relation between alias "name", "type" ?
> Does it affect the dialplan routing call ?

You have profile, gateway and alias.  You can setup profiles with
multiple aliases.  The default comes out of the box with internal,
external.  The internal profile has an alias of default and external
has one of outbound.  You can access a profile via the name or alias.

> 2.
>  <anti-action application="bridge" data="user/${dialed_ext}@$$
> {domain}"/> --- this syntax working
>  <anti-action application="bridge" data="sofia/profilename/$
> {dialed_ext}@$${domain}"/>  ---- while this not !

user/ is a pseudo channel.  That channel grabs the dial-string param
off the domain or user to resolve the end users location.  So you can
normalize your dialplan for everyone.  Example bob at domain could really
be OpenZap/1/1 but you still call user/bob at domain and it knows that.

To dial a registered user this is sofia/profile/user%domain (so it
knows its local)  Or you can also do this:  sofia/domain/user  (this
depends on the profile having an alias of the domain on it so it can
find it.)

Brian West
sip:brian at freeswitch.org