[Freeswitch-users] Documentation suggestion

UV uv at talknet.com.au
Wed Aug 6 11:35:41 PDT 2008

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges

  _____

From: freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org
[mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Ashutosh
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 4:14 AM
To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Documentation suggestion

Hi,
   I almost visit the docu wiki of FS daily to see if some documentation has
been changed/added or altered. So, i have to literally go through all the
sections and sub-sections of the wiki to find material of interest which
might have changed in last 24 hours.
   I wondered if the home page of the wiki has a seciton like "NEWS" which
can contain chronological changes in the docu wiki made by
users/maintainers. That will enable us to find changes at one go. I will do
my bit of study on mediawiki if this is possible and lchk if this is
possible.

Thanks to the FS team for the "telephony of the century" :)

Cheers!
-Ashutosh

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Robert Smith
<robert.m.t.smith at googlemail.com> wrote:

Michael Collins wrote:

> And thank you!  We appreciate it when people make suggestions about
> documentation.  Everyone wants the program to do something but precious
> few people offer feedback on getting the system documented.  Please
> continue offering suggestions.

I speak as someone new to telephony applications, being asked to
investigate them for our business model. As I (we) are researching
software switches and IVRs we naturally installed Asterisk but found a
problem. While searching for answers we found a list of soft switches on
voip-info which led here.

However, the learning curve is substantial to someone outside of
telephony. May I suggest that someone provides a simple to understand
page listing call flow from a PSTN and out to a PSTN, for example?
Simply working out what functionality exists and how it is intended to
be used would make an excellent starting point. Simple things like
explaining the difference between users and extensions.

Agreed much of this is not your responsibility. However for take-up to
be effective by a wide audience such guidance would be a serious boost.

R.

08:23