[Freeswitch-users] Directory and UserAgent Registration

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 00:42:17 PDT 2008

Hello,
I'm a little confused with FreeSWITCH behavior.
At http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/XML_User_Directory_Guide
we can read:
"The directory section is used to add accounts for all users that should be
able to register in the pbx by using User Agents (SIP Phones)."

So I suppose I should provide one xml file for each user.
But it seems FreeSWITCH lets anyone to register with it, ignoring
username/password, checking only the domain. I mean, I can set anything as
username/password in my sip phone and as long as the domain is correct,
FreeSWITCH will let me register.
Is this a bug or am I missing something in my configuration files?
I'm testing with the most recent revision 9225, but I can see the same
happens with previous versions.

Regards,
takeshi