[Freeswitch-users] Comparison matirx

John Skopis (Lists) jlists at skopis.com
Sat Aug 2 18:05:39 PDT 2008

Grey Man wrote:
[snip]

> One suggestion I'd have for another row is "Security Fix Rate". For
> example while the Asterisk community's approach to handling security
> releases is commendable the rate at which they happen is a real pain
> when you have to potentially upgrade a production system for each one.
> Although the pain comes from having to worry about whether the version
> of Asterisk that you need to upgrade to will be one of the stable or
> dud versions!

I would certainly agree the security is important. Responsiveness to
security flaws is one thing.

I think another point of valuation would be average bugs per year or
month, weighted accordingly (pre-auth remote command execution should
have a greater weight than an xss in the built-in web server).

Though, that might turn into a whole other book. ;]