[Freeswitch-users] Shall we revive the ailing mod_cdr?

Yossi Neiman freeswitch at cartissolutions.com
Thu Apr 24 17:15:00 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

It's been quite a while.  Some of you might know of the mod_cdr that was
fully functional up until around sometime after July 2007.  Due to
personal issues, I did not have time to maintain it.  I am now in a
position to revive it.  I will be making some changes to how it is
designed, and removing some of the serialization.

Currently in FreeSWITCH we have the following CDR logging formats at
hand (separate of mod_cdr):  Individual XML flat files, comma separate
values, and curl HTTP handling.  As such there is no need to include
these in mod_cdr anymore, but I am looking for what backends everybody
would be interested in.  I will be starting off with the ODBC backend.
Please note that database-specific backends are possible, but there is a
possibility they would not be available for inclusion in trunk.  Another
format that I thought just for the fun of it would maybe to shoot out
CDRs as e-mails (donno if that's at all useful...).

Give me your thoughts and ideas.

--
Yossi Neiman
Cartis Solutions, Inc.