[Freeswitch-users] FS and Asterisk connectivity

Daniel Hefti dhefti at metropark.com
Thu Apr 24 16:15:59 PDT 2008

Asterisk was spewing out tons of funky lines with those two enabled, so I disabled them.  Thanks for pointing that out, Snipes.

As for the pastbin posts, it doesn't look like their available anymore...

I think managed to get a little further.

I moved the gateway to the outbound folder instead, as West pointed out.  (It is not available in default's sip_profiles directory anymore, and there is no announcements of it being supplied twice.)  I then set the sip peer in asterisk to a static address... using the machine's local ip address; so no registration necessary.

Afterwards I still kept getting a 'can't find user' warning from sofia...

[WARNING] sofia_reg.c:935 sofia_reg_parse_auth() can't find user [freeswitch at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

...while asterisk showed a return response, "Forbidden".  I noticed that that when sofia loads, the same ip address (stated above as x's) is aliased:

[NOTICE] sofia.c:1461 config_sofia() Adding Alias [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] for profile [default]

I don't know if that's related, but when I re-added a user called freeswitch to the default's directory, the message disappears. Then asterisk received the same response...

Long story short.  I believe the problem was that in the freeswitch user's profile I defined in the directory had a password parameter.  When I commented that out and set the user_context to public, I was able to get the demo ivr (like it's supposed to in the public.xml dialplan).

All these defaults can drive a person crazy.  Is /conf/directory/default and its related default.xml in any way related to sofia specifically, to the dialplan, or primarily to FreeSwitch as a whole?  My original idea was that the directory was primarily a subsection of related stuff with respect to sofia, but now I'm beginning to see it as a larger whole, whose parameters and variables can be or are typically related to other modules, such as how the user_context primarily relates how the user should traverse the dialplan, but users defined in it are independent of such modules.  The folder, 'default', is just provided for convenience.  I guess I'm just trying to formulate how it all comes together.  After working with gateways, I think I'm beginning to get it.

Coolness.  Forgive my rantings.  Off to do some further testing.

-Dan