[Freeswitch-users] SRTP in PhonerLite and Freeswitch

Alois Komenda alois.komenda at esk.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 23 23:49:15 PDT 2008

Hello,

have you heard of Minisip? It is a free softphone which concentrates on
security. It is developed by the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH,
Stockholm, Sweden).
I have tested to place encrypted calls with the commercial versions of
X-Lite (called eyeBeam) and Zoiper (ZoiperBiz). While there were problems
with eyeBeam I managed to place encrypted calls (signalling AND media) with
ZoiperBiz via FreeSWITCH. Meanwhile there's an update available for eyeBeam
which I have not tested. Maybe it works now, too.
.
> Do I understand this correctly that there aren't any softphone clients
that support SRTP via SDES correctly ?  I found few clients that support
SRTP
> here  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software but I haven't
tested them yet.

--
Alois Komenda
Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Systeme der Kommunikationstechnik ESK