[Freeswitch-users] great review of Freeswitch on ZDNet

Brian Burt freeswitch at brian-burt.com
Tue Apr 8 17:21:55 PDT 2008

*Open source projects have revolutionized operating systems, web servers,
web browsers, and so why not carrier switches? The FreeSwitch open source
project <http://www.freeswitch.org/> released its Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
yesterday providing and by early accounts the software rocks.*

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Greenfield/?p=214#comments

Congratulations!

BTW, we're planning to use it here to create flexible subconferences.
Participants can be in partners but everyone hears the moderator with
instructions ... then move into 4s or 6s for small group discussion, raise
their hand with a pound key if someone has a question for an assistant, etc.

Please let me know if you're interested in assisting with the development of
that!  I think it could really revolutionize "teleconferences" which are
currently passive/snoozeville.  When people are in "listen only" they might
as well be sleeping when it comes to comprehension/retention.

All the best,

-Brian

--
Brian Burt, Founding Partner

- - - "Financial Circles teaches people to master money so that it serves
their dreams. We offer courses and an active network where people wake up to
possibility, master concrete financial and business skills, and take action
on what truly matters to them." - -