[Freeswitch-users] Route outbound-only calls through XML dialplan?

tuhl at ix.netcom.com tuhl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 7 10:21:59 PDT 2008

I've been using FS for almost a year now as a call-blaster type of
device (originating SIP calls and playing wav/mp3 when user answers).
In the past I was simply sending all calls to a single SIP switch,
but now I need to think about routing to several different SIP
switches, based on NPA-NXX for example.

The XML dialplan would seem perfect for this, but that's only
triggered by an incoming call, right? I am not sure how to cause
'outbound-only' calls to go through it (since Freeswitch is
originating the call, it only has 1 leg, if that makes sense).
Currently I am originating via XML-RPC from a Perl script, using a
command like 'originate <sip address> &playback(wav file)'. The final
caveat is that we not use javascript to originate the call because I
am still having problems with garbage collection during capacity
testing (the box is pushing out 20cps, 30-second calls, 600
simultaneous calls).

Thanks,
Tom

tuhl at ix.netcom.com