[Freeswitch-users] How to call a person on the same network.

Ritesh Singh riteshsingh81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:45:34 PDT 2008

Hi All,

My aim is to call a person who's ip address is x.x.x.x. My ip address is
y.y.y.y.

What i tried was:
Run the freeswitch on m/c having ips x.x.x.x and y.y.y.y. In both the
freeswitch instance, i have loaded the mod_portaudio and mod_spidermonkey.

Now i used commands from x.x.x.x  freeswitch console:
1)  pa call sip:SIP_URI at y.y.y.y.
2)  pa call sip:y.y.y.y.

And in both the cases i was unsuccessfull in calling y.y.y.y from x.x.x.x.
Basically i was thinking that extension SIP_URI in default.xml will work
with ip addresses only.
In my scenario, x.x.x.x and y.y.y.y are on the same network.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards