[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Thu Sep 20 07:10:20 PDT 2007

Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Jonas Gauffin <jonas.gauffin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I created the documentation guidelines page too :) But that's for ppl
>> that can actually contribute in the documentation. Not for ppl that as
>> missing or not understanding some documentation.
>>

> everyone can contribute, you make it sound like only some people are
> allowed and others cant.  Maybe that is my misunderstanding when you
> constantly refer to people who cant edit documentation but can edit
> some other page on the wiki.

In the original I read

can't = People who don't [yet] have the knowledge necessary to
contribute to the documentation and therefore can't add anything to it

and not

can't = People who are restrained by administrative controls on the wiki.

Speaking just for myself, mind you, I find documentation written by
those without knowledge, or without clue, or complete lack of writing
skills, tends to be unenlightening.  If someone who is trying to figure
out what it all means, gathering knowledge and clue best he can, decides
he has nothing to add yet other than questions (and he suspects that
they're not even very clever questions quite yet), might he not feel
just a little shy about "defacing" the documentation?  Allow people to
self-select out of editing the documentation while still participating.

--Jon Radel