[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 08:32:54 PDT 2007

Hi Lucia,

At the risk of getting duffed up, it sounds to me like Asterisk is the
better solution
for you.  We've used it for a few years, and - although I cannot
disagree with your
implied comments about its coding style - it's pretty stable, and you're
likely to find
it easier to set up than FreeSWITCH.  There's also a lot more
documentation for
Asterisk, some of which is even correct..!

Asterisk will also support your BRIs directly - either through cards in
the machine
or something like Xorcom's external interfaces .

Cheers --

Dave