[Freeswitch-users] registering a sip softphone

Jonas Gauffin jonas.gauffin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 23:25:25 PDT 2007

First of all: You have to decide if you want all phones to be able to
register, or only if phones decided by you can register.

If you choose the latter, you have to start with editing
sofia.conf.xml. Change the following value to true:

<param name="accept-blind-reg" value="false"/>

Next, you have to add your users to the directory. It's located in
directory.conf.xml. A bit more advanced option is to let FreeSWITCH
fetch the users from a webserver using mod_xml_curl.

Anyway, here is a simple user:

	<user id="jonas">
		<params>
			<param name="password" value="jonas" />
		</params>
	</user>

The password tag is optional, you can either comment it out or simply remove it.