[Freeswitch-users] Call problems

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 12:27:54 PDT 2007

please retest with latest trunk as a few issues were fixed with transfers today.

Be aware that the transfers work best with bridged calls.
It sounds like that is what you are doing so it should be ok but there are a few things to consider when calling an extension that is just "playback" for example.

Say you call an extension that has playback foo.wav:

Technically the file is playing on the inbound leg and this is considered a 1 legged call.

so if you blind transfer this extension there is nothing to transfer cos there is only 1 leg so in this case we will not allow it.

if you attended transfer this extension, we will transfer the new channel you called to the same extension as the one you were on and hangup the original so the playback will start over for the called party.

if you want to call and ivr or playfile extension and then transfer it you have to make a hairpin call back into the system.

so instead of making 1000 lead to playback foo.wav
make it lead to sofia/default/playback-foo at same.box

then you have 2 legs and it's possible to transfer the playback.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm