[Freeswitch-users] getting started

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Sat Oct 20 20:36:29 PDT 2007

On Oct 20, 2007, at 10:13 PM, Patrick Aljord wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying freeswitch for the first time and I have a couple of
> questions:
>
> I have a SIP account from a provider that I use to make calls to cell
> phones and other, how can I use from freeswitch? Do I need to put the
> configurations (domain/user/password/proxy etc) in sofia.conf.xml or
> directory.xml and what's the difference?

I recommend putting them in directory.xml as that is the best place
to centralize your configs for domains.  But right now both are
acceptable.

> Once I get that configured, how can I transfer calls that are received
> to other numbers?

Via the tranfer app or via a sip transfer.

> When I use the console, I get plenty of messages such as:
> nta_agent: received garbage from udp/212.27.52.5:5060/sip
> is there a way to stop that? (it happened after I added my sip account
> to sofia.conf.xml)

These are usually nat keep alive packets sent by the client and are
nothing to be concerned with.

http://www.wikipbx.org/ and your favorite text editor.