[Freeswitch-users] release manager for FS

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixternospam at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Oct 16 16:02:16 PDT 2007

I have talked this over with Tony, who accepted the idea, that we need a
release manager.  Development skills arent really required.  The duties of a
release manager is to basically have a list of features that need to be
implemented prior to a release, as well as check jira to ensure that all
known bugs are fixed.  They also have to prepare the changelog/release notes
indicating what features were added, and what bugs fixed (ideally this would
be a list of the jira bug ids and not just 'many bugs fixed' so that someone
could at a glance see if their issue was resolved).  In addition to that
they would have to mark betas, and allow ample time for users to report
bugs, then wait for them to be fixed before marking the next one.

Dont be bashful volunteer today!  (we really do need someone and if you
arent a developer here is a chance to become involved)

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200