[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as a voice server?

Vincent isiria at free.fr
Tue Oct 9 02:51:44 PDT 2007

Hello,

Now that I received an OpenVox PCI card
(www.openvox.com.cn/products_detail.php?genre_id=9&id=28), I'm ready
to try and set up a voice server with the following features:

1. When customers call in, they should hear a voice menu asking them which
software they're calling about
2. Next, they should be able to leave a voice message to explain what their
problem is
3. Next, the server should send an e-mail to an alias that includes all the
people involved with the software
4. Finally, anyone involved should be able to listen to the voice message
and call the customer back. Some of the people are off-site so I guess I
should either set them up with SIP phones to let them connect to the server
through the Net, or have the server save messages as WAV files and upload
them to a web server so people can just click on the file to listen to the
message.

Here are the questions I have:
- Can Freeswitch perform the above tasks, or is it too early yet?
- OpenVox says that this card is "full software and hardware compatible
with digium's TDM400P" : Will Freeswitch support it as well?

Thank you,
Vincent.