[Freeswitch-users] iax registration?

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 07:14:28 PDT 2007

We have no intention of doing much more development on the mod_iax
endpoint that is currently in tree.  mod_iax was used as a test module
in the early stages of FreeSWITCH development and since it's functional
we let it stick around.  It uses a fork of libiax which is a very weak
client library with many issues.  We patched a few major thread safety issues to stabalize it because it was only designed with one user and one or 2 calls at a time in mind so I deem it unsuitable to attempt to
put any effort into adding anything to it.  With proper funding, I am
willing to start an initiative to create a BSD licensed enterprise
minded IAX2 stack getting as many developers involved who wish to
see such a thing but I personally have no motivation to begin such
an initiative for a protocol that is not very popular.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm