[Freeswitch-users] A Few New Features

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 14:26:24 PDT 2007

As we move another step closer to our 2nd beta, we added a few more features this week.

1) The channel variable RECORD_STEREO=true will make the record_session
application record a stereo file with the read and write streams in
seperate channels. For the more seasoned develope this also means the
media bugs have a capability to return audio in mixed or stereo form
for other applications as well.

2) The addition of mod_fifo. This module makes it possible to park
many calls in a fifo queue and unpark them in the order in which they
were received. This will make it possible to make parking and call
distribution applications. The module sends events detailing stages of
callflow as well as an api interface command to generate a full report
of the call state. And is purely dynamic with no configuration necessary
to support an infinite amount of fifo queues.

http://www.freeswitch.org/eg/xml_cdr/fifo_log.html

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/