[Freeswitch-users] mod_java build problem

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 11:24:35 PST 2007

I am trying to build the mod_java module and I am encountering a compile
problem.  Initially, I encountered this on OSX and chalked it off to a BSD
gcc issue (I have encountered issues with BSD build problems before and yet
it will build successfully on Linux).  I then attempted to build on Fedora
and encountered the same exact problem.  The error listed is a pointer
initialization issue:

making all mod_java
Compiling freeswitch_java.cpp...
Compiling switch_swig_wrap.cpp...
Compiling mod_java.c...
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
mod_java.c:117: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[5]: *** [mod_java.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all] Error 1
make[3]: *** [mod_java-all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

mod_java.c:
115 static switch_application_interface_t java_application_interface = {
116         /*.interface_name */ "java",
117         /*.application_function */ java_function,
118         NULL, NULL, NULL,
119         /* flags */ SAF_NONE,
120         /* should we support no media mode here?  If so, we need to
detect the mode, and either disable t    he media functions or indicate
media if/when we need */
121         /*.next */ NULL
122 };

When I look at the method prototype, it looks OK.  I do see a difference
between the implementation of mod_java and mod_python (which does build
successfully) but I thought I would check to see if there is some build
configuration issue before pursuing the mod_python implementation issue.

Have changes been made to the mod/languages interface that would explain
this compile error?

Jonathan