[Freeswitch-users] Strange Reg

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 07:25:01 PDT 2007

Hi,

You sound like a good candidate for my new experimental force contact feature.

For this to work you need to use the directory for auth instead of the blind reg mode.

*) Edit sofia.conf.xml and comment the blind reg option.
*) Edit directory.xml and add a <user> tag to the <domain name="$${domain}">
   section making sure $${domain} is also the name of the domain portion of
   the sip's client registration.

edit the file to look something like this and put in a absolute contact to use when this user registers regardless of what he advertises.  This means that if you are using nat you should setup a permenant port forwarding for whatver uri you mention.

e.g.

Assuming your public ip is 66.2.2.2 and your phone is 10.0.0.2

add a rule to always port forward udp port 5555 of 66.2.2.2 to 10.0.0.2 5060
then edit the following so the contact uri is user at 66.2.2.2:5555

Whenever the phone registers with this user the specified contact will be added to the database instead of the real one this should make it possible for your phone to receive sip traffic even if it does not support STUN.

<domain name="$${domain}">
  <user id="myuser">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="mypass"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="force-contact" value="[TESTING] sip:myuser at 66.2.2.2:5555"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</domain>

Anthony Minessale II