[Freeswitch-users] PRI cards

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Mon Mar 19 10:12:28 PDT 2007

> Ok guys Let me set the record straight for this question.
>
> We can't use zaptel because its GPL and is incompatible with our MPL
> license.  That being said its not possible for us to legally link the
> two products together.  It is however fine for an end user to do so.
>
> Read this http://linuxgazette.net/120/smith.html
>
> Just an FYI zapata used in that example is in the public domain.
>
> /b

Brian,

Thanks for helping us understand the GPL vs. MPL nonsense.  Question: is
there any scenario out there where people stuck with non-Sangoma
telephony cards can use them with Freeswitch?  I've got two 4-port T1
cards and I'd love to test drive FreeSwitch on the PSTN with one of
them.  (They are much-improved clones of the Tor2 card:
http://phoniceq.com/index-3.html - T400P)

Perhaps I could ask the question a different way: is there a
perfect-world scenario where FreeSwitch could support Zaptel-compatible
cards without violating the MPL?  If so, what would need to happen?

Thanks for patiently answering all of these questions.  BTW, you and
Anthony are doing an awesome job on FS.  Please keep up the good work!

-MC