[Freeswitch-users] Broadvoice config?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jul 22 06:48:08 PDT 2007

On 7/22/07, Johny Kadarisman <jkr888 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just made fs successfully registering to vonage with softphone account.
> a sip trace could be helpfull, try enable it with 'export TPORT_LOG=1'
> before starting fs.
>
> On 7/22/07, Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Anyone have Broadvoice working w/FS?  If so, how do you configure
> > it?  I tried this but it doesn' work (see error below)

BV *requires* that the 'From' user in SIP be your phone number.  If it
isnt they wont auth the call.  As for your error it said
"[DNS Error] session: n/a"

sip.broadvoice.com is an alias that BV changes *at*will* to any of
their proxies.  What you really should do is ping their proxies and
find the best one to you, they are all the format of
sip.XXX.broadvoice.com where XXX is a 3 letered city abbreviation.
It also appears that they have done away with nyc, lab (boston), mia,
lax and only chicago remains.  Odd...

I would however investigate that dns error first.

The TPORT_LOG=1 suggestion is also a good one.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200