[Freeswitch-users] Special SIP scenario

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Feb 21 06:59:08 PST 2007

The originate syntax allows for multiple calls out with "and" (,) and
"or" (|) logic.  This should be documented on the wiki for originate
syntax.  This should also allow you to play a file to the answering
party and do key confirmation to initiate a bridge with the original
calling party.  As far as custom codecs, either for passthrough only, or
with transcoding, you would need to make a codec module, at least setup
to do the passthrough, the amr and g729 codecs in tree are a good
example of this.  Typically, you should not ever use codec numbers in
the static range (<97 I believe) unless they are officially assigned,
that being said, freeswitch will not keep you from writing a module that
will work for this.  If freeswitch is truly not in the media path at
all, you can use no media mode, which would pass through the sdp raw to
the other side, in which case you would not even need the passthrough
codec, as log of course as the endpoints knew how to handle the
multicast.

Mike