[Freeswitch-users] mod_ldap

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 05:59:00 PST 2007

That's what I was trying to explain.

The xml files comprise a compiled xml registry document where all of the
meta data for FreeSWITCH is stored.

There is a way for a loadable module to bind to various sections of that xml
document so when something tries to access the document the loadable module's
function is called giving it the opportunity to generate the xml on the
fly.  mod_xml_curl is an example of this.  It can bind to one or more sections
of the xml registry and when the user directory or the dialplan is accessed,
the module will perform an http request to a cgi on a webserver with all
the relevant data of the request and that cgi can return the exact portion
of the xml document in place of the static version making it possible to
make both purely dynamic.  My suggestion in my last email was that
you could either use this or create the equivalent module that does
an ldap request and converts it to xml on the fly.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm