[Freeswitch-users] mod_java - usage question

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 00:38:53 PST 2007

I am trying to put together a prototype app for Freeswitch using the
mod_java interface, I am hitting a deadend and I need some guidance.

What I want to do is to answer an incoming call (endpoint 1), play a prompt
to that call, and bridge that call to another endpoint (endpoint 2).  After
the second endpoint (endpoint 2) disconnects, I want to park that call,
originate a call to another endpoint (endpoint 3), play a prompt to endpoint
3, and then bridge endpoint 3 to a new endpoint (endpoint 4).  After
endpoint 4 hangs up, I want to bridge endpoint 1 and endpoint 3.  Then main
issue I keep running into is that in the dialplan and in mod_java, calls
appear to block, so that it has blocked me from a solution.

My first question is, can you do this with the mod_java interface?  If so,
how?  Secondly, if it is not possible then do you need to use the
event_socket interface to accomplish this app?  Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jonathan