[Freeswitch-users] problem making internal calls

Craig Kowald craig.kowald at cubemicrosystems.com
Wed Aug 15 18:38:50 PDT 2007

Well, I have no idea why, but when I booted this morning it all just
worked without me changing anything :/

Sadly I did not get a log of it, but I did notice that the first time I
ran freeswitch that the IP phone registered. Further, on subsequent
executions of freeswitch, the IP phone does not seem to need/bother to
re-register but I can make internal calls from the analog phone
connected to TDM to the IP phone.

Now I am off to try and sort out calling from the IP phone to the analog
phone. I am getting some errors but have not looked into it yet.

[ERR] mod_openzap.c:719 channel_outgoing_channel() Missing span
[ERR] switch_ivr_originate.c:533 switch_ivr_originate() Cannot Create
Outgoing Channel! cause: DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER

To answer some questions:

>  Is the phone actually registering to freeswitch?  It appears not.

I have noticed it register once, but not again. Is there something I
should be setting/doing to force it to register every time freeswitch
starts up ?

> in the directory, is the id 5 in the domain 192.1680.0.4?

Yes, id 5 is in the correct domain. In directory.xml I have:
<domain name="$${sip_profile}">

> [change profile from ip address to domain name]

I did not do this - since it all just worked this morning. I will keep
this in mind though if I have further problems.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Craig.