[Freeswitch-users] Problem building in VS

Jason Steele jason.steele at rcsuk.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 03:23:32 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I tried posting this in the dev list but didn't get a response. Can anyone
here help me?

I have downloaded FreeSWITCH using svn and loaded the .sln into VS 2005.

The first thing I notice is that two errors immediately appear:

Error     1          Unable to find source file 'D:\Documents and
Settings\Jason\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\FreeSWITCH\AUTHORS'
for file 'AUTHORS', located in '[TARGETDIR]', the file may be absent or
locked.            D:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\Visual
Studio 2005\Projects\FreeSWITCH\w32\Setup\Setup.vdproj
FreeSwitchSetup

Error     2          Unable to find source file 'D:\Documents and
Settings\Jason\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\FreeSWITCH\COPYING'
for file 'COPYING', located in '[TARGETDIR]', the file may be absent or
locked.            D:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\Visual
Studio 2005\Projects\FreeSWITCH\w32\Setup\Setup.vdproj
FreeSwitchSetup

I then right-click on the Solution and select Build. Unfortunately the first
step of the build appears to fail leading to further failures because
xmlrpc_config.h is not generated,

In the build output I have:

1>------ Build started: Project: xmlrpc, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Performing Pre-Build Event...

1>'and' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

1>operable program or batch file.

2>------ Build started: Project: libdingaling, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

1>'and' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

1>operable program or batch file.

1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
Pre-Build Event..."

1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My
Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\FreeSWITCH\libs\win32\xmlrpc\Debug\xmlrpc\BuildLog.htm"

1>xmlrpc - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Jason