[Freeswitch-users] Codecs and Freeswitch features

trixter trixterNOSPAM at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jul 19 06:50:11 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 14:16 +0100, AmberVoIP wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 06:14 -0700, trixter wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:31 +0100, AmberVoIP wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > would be nice to hear some resume, if someone have tested freeswitch.
> > > especially i interesting in:
> > >
> > > h323 -> sip and sip -> h323;
> > you cna do that via woomera easily.
>
> Is woomera included to FreeSwitch? It can route calls without media (RTP
> forward) ?

woomera is included with freeswitch, and provides an interface to
connect to other protocols/devices in a fairly generic means.  it works
with openh323 from what I understand and keeps the licensing part of it
clean so exceptions arent even needed for that.

It has both media and signalling.

> Possible right now to route call h323 -> sip which coming in g729 or
> g723?

That I am unsure of, potentially you should be able to where codec
translations occur before hitting woomera and then they are sent out
using a non patented codec.