[Freeswitch-users] unsuscribe me

Yossi Neiman iaxteling at cartissolutions.com
Tue Jul 11 16:10:02 PDT 2006

Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 16:52 +0200, Marc Storck wrote:
>

>>I thought that posting 10 or 20 howtos should give people enough knowhow
>>to finally stop spamming and flooding us. But it seems it was to difficult!
>>
>>Please people tell me what you didn't understand, I will try to explain!
>>
>>Honestly people: DO YOU KNOW ABOUT NETIQUETTE?
>>

>I think part of it is that people are a bit peeved at being subscribed
>to a mailing list by someone else.  I know I was, but I figured I'd wait
>and see what sort of traffic the list generated.

It's not like these users' email accounts were plucked out of the sky.
I do believe they were taken directly from the accounts of whoever
signed up for an access on freeswitch.org.

>There's also the fact that the web server at lists.freeswitch.org does
>not appear to be responding...

That's certainly a different problem, but these people should instead
say "server doesn't respond" and give the details of the problem instead
of flooding everybody with "unsubscribe me".  I managed a local LUG's
mailing list, and I completely ignore such requests as I make sure to
put "to unsubscibe send email to... " verbosely in the trailer.  Perhaps
the trailer on this list isn't verbose enough?

>Jeff

Yossi Neiman
Cartis Solutions, Inc. - http://www.cartissolutions.com