[Freeswitch-users] C SAY API

Victor Gamov vitspec at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:35:28 PST 2006

On 12/16/06, Anthony Minessale <anthmct at yahoo.com > wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I'm working on a muiti-lingual say api for ivr programmers to be able
> to generate audio for saying numbers, counting items or expressing amounts
> of things such as currency.

[skip]

Hi Anthony!

I think that it's not bad idea to have VoiceXML module in FreeSWITCH. Using
this module anyone can easely write any IVR application (voicemail and
other).  If so, logic for multi-lingual api and other complex things may be
carry out from FreeSWITCH.

Some words about multi-lingual support.
Some times ago I write VoiceXML applications speaked in English, Russian and
some other langs. The basic idea was liked to your say() function and
Kannaiyan's
sequencer: we use module which parses input digits and interpret it as
number, money, date, etc and predefined VoiceXML files for each language to
properly construct phrases like "You have 100 messages" (EN) or "In your
voicebox 100 messages" (RU).  It works fine for all langs.

--
CU,
Victor Gamov