[Freeswitch-users] Getting started on dev

Shawn Lewis slewis at voiceone.com
Thu Aug 31 06:57:34 PDT 2006

Well, one thing I would like to offer up a COM/CHANNEL, like remoting, but a little more.  One of the largest issue I see with Asterisk, was the requirement to run as a sole system, and not really distributed. If in fact this is to be a switch, then one should assume that say SS7 signaling should be on two separate "nodes", not part of the physical system the s/s is on, as well as the s/s should be redundant in processing, and possible a routing system should be distributed.  Take your .NET registration to the various interfaces, then "Add-in" a serializable communication link between nodes, so actual applications, or services could exist on other boxes/nodes, (eg: TDM Gateway), or IVR, or signaling.....

It would allow developers to develop applications without actually having to have a switch, but simply register up to the host/softswitch and all eventing, procedural calls would be done over line protocol..

This is much in the way how real switches work today, cisco, sonus, etc...

Thoughts?

Shawn Lewis
slewis at caerus.net
Chief Technology Officer