[Freeswitch-users] Capi & Euro/US ISDN support (was: Re: TODO List)

Patrick freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 30 19:35:20 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 20:46 -0500, Brian West wrote:
> I would love to see mod_capi also.

Great. I have sent Armin an email already (before I saw Daniel's reply)
to see if he is interested in creating a mod_capi. If he needs more info
I'll direct him to the conf so he can chat with you guys and get a
better idea about the project.

>   We are very hardware agnostic and
> won't twist your arms to lock you into some hardware.  We like to
> have options and the more the better in my opinion.  Because not all
> hardware fits every situation.  But if you're going to do mod_capi I
> would love to see US ISDN-BRI support also.

The current chan_capi is US/Euro ISDN agnostic. You just have to specify
how many controllers/channels you have in the conf. Same applies to the
drivers that need to be configured with the appropriate ISDN standard.
Euroisdn versus US 5ESS for example. Eicon cards & drivers support both
Euro and US ISDN.

>   We are also in the
> market for a new PRI library... does anyone have any takers?  I know
> the VISDN stuff is out there but I don't think it does anything on US
> PRI yet?  Has this changed?

The mISDN modules & libs support HFC-S chipset based cards. The
developer is SUSE's Karsten Keil. chan_misdn is being developed by
Christian Richter from Beronet in Germany. Last week I heard that
Beronet, besides 4 and 8 port ISDN cards, now also has an E1 card.
Looking on http://www.colognechip.com I don't think it supports T1.
It doesn't look like vISDN supports T1 either.

Regards,
Patrick