[Freeswitch-users] ß@ÑeÓÐʹÓÃÖÐÎĵÄÅóÓцá?

Bruno Impens bruno at internetfabriek.be
Wed Aug 30 04:09:54 PDT 2006

Op 30-aug-06, om 12:29 heeft Daniel Swarbrick het volgende geschreven:

> Now now, let's not turn this into a "my OS is better than your OS"
> flamewar. I have nothing against other OSes, and am merely stating
> a fact.
>
> I spend about 50/50 time in Windows & Linux.
>
> Jeez.... I wonder if IATA had this much debate before deciding upon
> English as the international language of aviation.

If you are a native English speaker these discussions may seen futile.
But did wou ever wonder why all European legislation is translated
into 20 languages some of them very small and that is certainly not
the case for Chines.
check here. http://europa.eu/languages/en/home

I admit it is not practical to seen messages passing that you cannot
fully understand.
But banning other languages is not very international thinking.
Than you risk making the same mistake as the other voip project where
they assume that the software and especially hardware is only for use
in the us.

> Bayan Towfiq wrote:
>> Remember that by default, Mac OS X does install East Asian fonts.
>> So Mac
>> OS X users will see Chinese characters rather than actual gibberish.
>> Also, the windows users who do know Chinese (中国人们)and
>> communicate in
>> Chinese with their computers will likely have Chinese fonts installed
>> and also have configured an input method (pinyin, double-pinyin,
>> etc.)
>>
>> Bayan Towfiq
>> بيان توفيق
>>

>> Daniel Swarbrick wrote:
>>> Remember that by default, Windows doesn't install East Asian fonts
>>> (unless it's Japanese, Chinese, Malaysian etc version of
>>> Windows), so
>>> Windows users will see actual gibberish instead of Chinese
>>> characters.

>>> freeswitch-users
>>> http://www.freeswitch.org

>> users